ISFI has an ongoing script development program. If you have an idea for a script, contact ISFI. Send in a three page synopsis concerning your story. Here some useful guidelines when writing a synopsis:
- What is the theme of your story?
- Who is your main character?
- Who is telling the story?
- Which is the carrying conflict? A story without a conflict is like an engine without fuel.
- When does your story start and end? Your story doesn’t only live while you tell it, there is a context before and after, you select the section you want to tell.
- Why does this story need to be told?
- Ask yourself why YOU want to tell this story.
- Which is the natural story? A natural story could be a birthday party or a hunger year. There may be more than one natural story.
- What is the setting of the story?
- Where does your story take place? Setting and natural story can be close to each other.