Anniversary Screening of Sámi Blood
Nov 21, 2016 05:17
International Sámi Film Institute in collaboration with Tråante 2017 and Storytelling Media has the pleasure to invite to the anniversary screening of Amanda Kernells film Sámi Blood. It is an honour for us to screen this film, that has been acclaimed worldwide at film festivals and has also won several awards. It is particularly gratifying to bring this film home to the South-Sámi area.
Clicke here to buy tickets to screening. The film will be screened once in Tråante 2017, at Nova Kino, February 5th 2017, 6 pm.
Oct 31, 2016 04:37
The International Sami Film Institute (ISFI) is taking applications for a film consultant to start on February 1, 2017. This position is a 4 year term, with the possibility of extension.
The Film consultant's main tasks:
- Actively contribute to regain and strengthen the creative potential that lies in the Sami film and television environment.
- Review and assess applications for development and production grants, and in consultation with the director, nominate candidates to the Board of Directors for development and/or production grants.
- Ensure the best possible development of projects that have been awarded funding through an ongoing dialogue with the producers, directors and writers.
- Build up contacts and maintain them with the Sami and other indigenous peoples' film production environments.
- Stay informed about developments in the national and international film and television industry.
- Participate in furthering the development of the ISFI.
- A good command of Samisk and English both spoken and written
- A degree in film with solid work experience in the film industry.
- Work experience at the international level
- administrative experience
- Independent and productive
- Good social and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform, public presentations at festivals and in panel debates etc.
- Orderly and effective
The International Sami Film Institute is in an exciting phase of its development within the Sami film industry. Currently we have a number of film projects under development and we have a large international film network with cooperation in other fields. Goals ISFI: ISF_Articles.pdf
Application deadline: December 1, 2016
Send your completed application to: email@example.com
For more information contact: Anne Lajla, Director, Utsi, Tel + 47 907 555 74
Oct 27, 2016 02:40
Sámi Blood has also been screened at the Toronto International Film Festival and in Sao Paolo in Brazil and in November the film will have its Asian premiere at the Tokyo Film festival in the competition program. The film will have Nordic premiere early 2017.
The International Sami Film Institute will initiate a Sámi film tour for Sámi Blood in 2017, so the audiences all over Sapmi can see the film.
We congratulate Amanda Kernell for entering the international film stage with this outstanding film and for bringing home excellent reviews and awards. With this film Amanda Kernell brings forward a dark chapter in Sámi history in such a sensitive way, so thank you Amanda!