International Sámi Film Institute is allocating a special grant of 30.000NOK for Sámi filmmakers to make their own mini stories of staying home in Sápmi.
The whole world is going through really devastating, unpredictable times as the COVID-19 pandemic has changed our daily lives. How can you as a filmmaker depict this new situation? Make film about anything, for example:
- What are the dramas in our lives in this situation?
- What are the challenges?
Apply for the grant by Friday 24th of April 2020 to make your mini film, maximum three minutes. The films will be published on ISFI's streaming service sapmifilm.com.
Here are the instructions for the film challenge:
- It's a requirement that you are a Sámi filmmaker, either first time or professional
- Use ISFI's form for Development application to submit your application
- Make a mini film of any genre in your home or nearby area, this is not a requirement
- Film length is 3 minutes at maximum
- Team size maximum is 5 people
- Please remember to follow all public health guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Film delivery deadline is Friday 15th of May 2020.
Anne Lajla Utsi
ISFI Managing Director
firstname.lastname@example.org / +47 907 55 574